Women In Transition Supportive Services (WITS) is a Youth Empowerment Programs is designed for ages 12-17 to provide models of excellence and empowerment through lectures, workshops, group and dyad process facilitated by our very own National Transformational Coach: La Toyia Conway-Hampton.
Our curriculum focuses on personal and professional development to strengthen our young women into leadership position in the world.Helping them to Eliminate barriers from past trauma while building healthy foundation for moving forward. We meet every Friday night from 6:30-8:30 PM. Each participant will attends over 40 hours of intensive services, ages of twelve to seventeen.
The reason why this organization is so fantastic is that it exposes girls to strategies for healing past trauma and personal development at such early ages! The organization describes itself as “Women Empowerment Program” Being that we live in a global world and the importance of girls getting to know the world around them beyond the classroom, this organization could not have come at a better time.
TLS WITS seeks to make young women “International Game Changers,” particularly girls who don’t have access to such programs. With their long-term goal being empowering girls to become Empowered WOMEN!
This group will help to process with an honest and open approach to topics teens face on a daily basis.
We want our young ladies to have a place they will feel safe to share and discuss the hard subjects in a non-judgmental atmosphere. The facilitators themselves are not just trained in the topics they will discuss but were teens that have struggled and overcame these same issues. Call and register at 661-402-3076 Ext. 106
Ladies please implement this..
1. Know that you are Enough.. Say It with me I AM ENOUGH.. I AM ENOUGH!!
2. Love EVERYTHING about YOU!
3. Take good care of YOU!
4. Know who and how to ask for help. Ask questions. Speak up.
5. Know what’s going on in the world.
6. Register to vote, use your voice to make changes.
7. Have a mentor who keeps in regular contact with you.
8. Be able to cook something, even if it’s not the greatest.
9. Developing good time management skills.
10. Know that “please” and “thank you” are still great habits to practice.
11. YOU are not invincible. The decisions you make now will affect you later. Choose wisely.
12. Have some concept of the value of money. It doesn’t grow on trees.
13. Love and relationships are wonderful, but it shouldn’t hurt or impede on your progress.
14. Know that people will come into your life for a reason, season or lifetime.
15. YOUR dreams can come true. You are is full of potential. Set goals. Meet them. Repeat.
16. Walk confidently and love her body even if it’s not what society deems as “perfect.”
17. Learn to be happy for others, it's not always about YOU!
18. Keep certain aspects of her life private, use social media responsibly.
Women In Transition Supportive Services
Warm Line (661) 402-3076 Ext. 111